Tuesday 16 February 2010

Keighley and Worth Valley Railway











The weekend of 13th and 14th February was a time when I was able to get away form stresses that have been building over a period of time. I wish at times I could just pack it all in and do exactly what I want to do. My tasks and duties of office will come to an end someday, I am not now enjoying what I do very much.

However I was desperate to get up to Yorkshire and visit the Worth Valley Railway that runs from Keighley to Oxenhope.
After breakfast in Keighley, we ventured onto a lovely station that greated us on our arrival. The atmosphere in this station was warm and cosy.
The photographs are of Oakworth Station, built in 1850, and restored to its Edwardian splendour. It was at Oakworth that the final scenes of 'The Railway Children' were taken when the father comes home from wrongful imprisonment. It is a truly charming location and well worth the visit, just to stand on the platform and enjoy the experience,

No comments:

Post a Comment