Monday 21 September 2009

Bedford Steam and Country Festival



These are two photographs from this last weekend in the Old Warden Park, Bedford. The one photo clearly shows the plough used in this type of work. This plough belongs to Mr John Garman from Shropshire.

The other photo clearly states the sort of chaos we achieve when we go to steam rallies. The previous evening we sat out 'till quite late with a BBQ and several alcoholic beverages. This is normal for steam enthusiasts. I have to say though that when we depart on a Sunday evening, every last piece of litter is collected and disposed of!

This year Chris and I had our work cut out, and after I had the engine on Saturday, I decided to join Sam on the plough, which I enjoyed very much. Chris was on the engine for most of the time on Sunday and he is an excellent puller.

No comments:

Post a Comment