Friday 9 December 2011

Festival of Britain, South Bank Exhibition

It has been a long time since I updated this blog, sorry folks, it has been out of my hands.

However, whilst clearing out some old books, I came across a brochure for the Festival of Britain, mainly at the South Bank Exhibition site. This was held during very austere years after the 2nd World War, and Britain was only just recovering. The year 1951.

I have scanned a couple of adverts I found to be very interesting from a recent historical point of view. Both relating to Ferguson Tractors, based in Coventry. Ferguson sadly no longer exist.

This second photo I believe was taken somewhere in the Coventry/Warwickshire area. I would love to find the location and also, is that tractor still in preservation? The registration number GKV does relate to the Coventry/Warwickshire area at that time. Answers please.



No comments:

Post a Comment