Monday 17 October 2011

HS2

Now you are perhaps wondering why I am writing about HS2. Let me say right here and now I am a strong supporter of HS2 and the benefits this nation will receive. Politicians now hold the key to the final decision, and we now have a new Transport Minister, and I am nervous. Under Phillip Hammond I felt that the project would indeed finally go ahead, all the way to the north. However I am now not so sure, we have a female at the helm, and watch the project go 'tits up'.

Here we have a photo of the facilities at Curzon Street, Birmingham in its hay day. All this is now derelict waste land, and ready for HS2.
If the project does get the green light, then the facade of the original Curzon Street station would be retained. Fortunately we do have some forward thinking planners. Conservationists have insisted that the structure remains, and indeed it must. Conservationists insisted like wise at St. Pancras station in London.

It is a great pity that when the British Railways board decided to rebuild Euston station in London, they failed to retain the old Euston Arch, I hope they fail to rest in their graves!


No comments:

Post a Comment