Monday 1 August 2011

Shustoke Vintage Show

On Saturday 30th July we attended the Whitacres and Shustoke Horticulteral Society's annual event at Blyth Hall, just outside Coleshill in Warwickshire.


Forget the bigger shows just for once, we got in as late entries and we were made very welcome indeed. This is not a NTET approved event and that was why!



The Vintage Village comprises of vintage and classic cars, motorbikes and tractors. The attendance was enormous and everybody was well catered for. We shall be back next year for sure.



Here are some photos I took.



This is Matt Bisp on his Ford 1200.




Bernard Whitehouse sits upon his recently restored Massey 744 and a fine job he has done indeed.


Fowler Showman's engine 'Repulse' sits aside the Gaviolli of Paris concert organ.



Amongst the other attractions was an equestrian section, farm animals, food tent, beer tent small fun fair for the kiddies, and a Viking camp. This was a typical English country event, larger than the average village fete. I loved it and will return next year. Also in the evening there is a BBQ and entrainment all for a small charge. Most people went home and returned after freshening up. I only live approx. 25 minutes drive away, so it was ideal for me to do so. However I didn't because I was a late entry, next year I certainly will.

No comments:

Post a Comment