Sunday 4 October 2009

North Yorkshire Moors Railway


Well the steam rally season is drawing to a close. Next weekend 10th and 11th October I shall attend the Cheltenham Steam Rally, held on land adjacent to Cheltenham Racecourse and very close to the Gloucester and Warwickshire Railway.

A fantastic event organised by preservation enthusiasts. ' Linkey' will be there steam ploughing again and this time my Ford 2000 tractor will be in the tractor line up.

The next event for me after that will be the Newark Tractor show held on 7th and 8th November on the Newark showground, then that is it!

My thoughts at this time go towards steam railways. I will be visiting the Great Central on Sunday 24th October with Matt Bisp, but my real inclination is to visit the North Yorkshire Moors Railway sometime over the winter months. I just love Yorkshire and this railway. Perhaps I may just check out the winter timetables and go up for a couple of days. The photos are Levisham in the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment